Rotary Club of Houma Foundation
The Rotary Club of Houma Foundation was founded on January 8, 2008 when it received its IRS 501c3 charitable exemption. The Foundation was started to support the charitable projects of the Rotary Club of Houma. The Rotary Club of Houma Foundation can prioritize projects and align them to respond immediately to the needs of our community. The Foundation works in line with the service initiatives developed by the Houma Rotary Club of Houma and administers scholarships to our young leaders.
Projects Funded through the Foundation
The Foundation funds and supports several Early Act Clubs & Interact Clubs in our community. Each year we recognize the leadership in each of the youth clubs. Currently, the Foundation supports four schools in our Parish.
- Mulberry Elementary
- Coteau Bayou Blue Elementary
- St. Matthew’s Episcopal School
- HL Bourgeois High School
- The club also sponsors the Interact Scholarship where $1000 is granted to a deserving senior.
- Each year the Foundation funds several students to attend the Interact Conference.
- Camp RYLA
The Foundation supports sending 4 local high school students to Leadership Camp, whereby these young men and women spend 4 days in a challenging program of discussions, inspirational addresses, leadership training and social activities designed to enhance personal development, leadership skills and good citizenship
- In 2019, the Foundation donated $10,000 from individual donations and matching grants.
Terrebonne Foundation for Academic Excellence
- The Foundation coordinates the Nacho Booth each year for the annual fundraiser for TFAE.
- In 2017, the Foundation developed the Veteran Project whereby each year Rotarian creates starter kits for Homeless Veterans in our community as they embark on a fresh start on life. We have partnered with the START Corp. as they provide housing, medical care, and job opportunities to these Veterans that have been living on the streets.
- In 2020, the Foundation donated $5,600 to our district foundation to assist in the rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Laura.
- Haiti Water Project
- Wheelchair Project $2,700
Current Board Members:
Derek Chaisson – President
Joe Paul Mayet
Mary Lynn Bisland
Our founding Board members included:
Dale Thompson Sr.